Vocational Education And Training
In the VET area, students have the opportunity to explore possible career pathways and investigate the training required at university, TAFE or in apprenticeships or traineeships. There are opportunities to commence studies with TAFE, apprenticeships or traineeships while still in Year 11, increasing eligibility for further skills training and future employment. Certificates and units of competency are nationally recognised and also give students the opportunity to gain entry to university in a number of courses.
The VET Transition Program Includes:
- 3 Day in-school VET Program, including Certificates and General Courses completed.
- 2 Day out of school program including, Certificates completed at TAFE and Workplace Learning (ADWPL)
3 Day VET Program (in-school)
This Program has been developed for students who intend gaining entry to TAFE, or university via TAFE or work. These students will have the opportunity of gaining dual certification: WACE and TAFE certification at the completion of the course.
Students will be enrolled in the following common 3 courses in-school:
- Career and Enterprise: General
- English: General (ATAR English may be available)
- Mathematics: Essentials
2 Day Out-of-School Program
Students will also be enrolled in the following 2 courses out-of-school:
- A Certificate from a TAFE
- Endorsed Program – Workplace Learning (ADWPL)
Note: A limited number of places will be available for some TAFE profile funded courses.